As a leading Vancouver laser eye surgery clinic, we know that many Vancouverites love to stay green and natural when it comes to health. We at BoydVision care about offering you optimal solutions when it comes to your vision. Here are a few tips to keep your eyes in top shape before or after laser eye surgery in Vancouver⏤and yes, eating carrots helps!
Natural Herbs and Supplements
Your eyes and vision are affected by many factors, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet can contribute significantly. You can consider including some of these natural herbs in your life to enhance your eye health.
- Ginkgo biloba (improves blood flow to the retina)
- Green tea (contains antioxidants that help eliminate the damage that underlies many chronic diseases, including glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts)
- Turmeric (contains the potent antioxidant curcumin)
Natural Vitamins for Eye Health
Vitamin deficiencies in particular can increase the risk of some eye conditions such as cataracts or glaucoma. To protect the health of your eyes, you should try to include sufficient amounts of the following vitamins in your diet.
- Vitamin A (sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin, squash)
- Vitamin E (almonds, sunflower seeds, peanuts)
- Vitamin C (oranges and orange juice, broccoli, brussels sprouts)
- Vitamin B-1 (beans, lentils, pork)
- Vitamin B-2 (oats, yogurt, milk)
- Vitamin B-3 (beef, chicken, salmon)
Other Natural Ways to Promote Eye Health
Other than herbs and vitamins, there are other ways to promote your eye health naturally including:
- Using a humidifier at home if your house is dry
- Drinking lots water
- Avoiding dusty environments
- Changing your furnace or air conditioner filters regularly
- Using cold compresses, cucumbers, or even damp tea bags on your eyes
In a city like Vancouver, there is no shortage of ways to care for your eyes naturally before or after laser eye surgery. For more information about getting laser eye surgery, our blog has a wealth of information that is sure to answer your questions. You can also reach out to our team directly to book a consultation for laser eye surgery in Vancouver to find the operation that is right for you.